dyno Nyla, ,,Vegan Orange Cherry Muffins
Taking on this Girl Scout Troop Leader roll has been a huge blessing. I’m enjoying the girls come out of their shell and enjoy the activities. My daughter loves being a Daisy Scout .
We host meetings here at the house and for Valentines Days we made these muffins for part of our snack time. Our Girl Scout journey has been great so far! Ava recently went to the Father Daughter dance with her daddy. It was so cute!
She enjoys baking and trying new recipes so we decided to make Vegan Orange Cherry Muffins. They came out really good! You can definitely taste the citrus to it .
I enjoyed one with a side of hot coffee. The best part was that I didn’t feel guilty about it! I love the combo of orange and cherry together. SO yummy! Enjoy!
SERVES: 12 (1 muffin each)
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Nonstick cooking spray
1½ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour, sifted
½ cup almond flour, sifted
2 tsp. baking powder
½ cup chopped raw walnuts
1 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
¼ cup extra-virgin organic coconut oil
2 Tbsp. all-natural peanut butter
¾ cup pure maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
1 Tbsp. finely grated orange peel (orange zest)
¾ cup fresh orange juice (approx. 1 to 2 medium oranges)
2 tsp. ground flaxseed
1-cup thickly sliced banana, very ripe (approx. 1 large banana)
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
½ cup chopped fresh cherries
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. Secondly, Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers and lightly coating with spray.
3. Combine flour, almond flour, baking powder, walnuts, and salt in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Place oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, orange peel, orange juice, ground flaxseed, banana, and extract in blender; cover. Blend until smooth; approx. 30 seconds
5. Add peanut butter mixture to flour mixture; mix until just moistened. Do not overmix.
6. then, Add cherries; fold until just mixed.
7. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. (One-quarter cup batter should fill each cup about three-quarters full.)
8. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
9. Finally, Remove from oven; allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before removing muffins from pan and cooling completely on a rack. Enjoy!
• Additionally, Not all brands of all-purpose gluten-free flour are vegan, so be sure to check the label.
• Grade B maple syrup has a very strong, intense flavor that can be similar to molasses, and is perfect for baking